Infinitives Part 1
- I want to go home early today.
- I hope to be chosen as a member.
- I prefer to go there earlier.
- You need to consider various rules in writing sentences.
- You have to explain your reasoning in detail.
- You might wish to act as a teacher.
- To leave for a vacation is my only wish at this time.
- A common mistake in a relationship is not to trust the other person.
- Help me to save the trees!
- To be mentally healthy, you must read books.
- Do you want me to fill out this form?
- Here is our to-do list.
- It was nice to meet you.
- It is time to move on.
- I am young enough to change my habits.
- Don’t forget not to make grammar mistakes.
- You are required to leave all your belongings here.
- I came to see a doctor today.
- You have to work harder to succeed.
- I need to take three more classes to finish my graduate study.
- I got closer to the speaker to listen clearly.
- Be sure to check if you have tickets.
- I am going to buy the new computer.
Generally, it is not common to split to and the verb except for when you want to emphasize the verb.
- I want you to immediately stop doing that.
- You have to seriously work hard to succeed.
- You need to definitely explain your reasoning in detail.
[Quiz 15.1] Infinitives Part 1
Fill in the blanks.
1)I am going (learn) English.
2)It is common (make) a grammar mistake.
3)Did you come (clean) my house?
1) to learn
2) to make
3) to clean